Starting in the third week of May, there will be five fortnightly, hour-long, Zoom sessions with others across New Zealand. One on Wednesdays at 7:30pm and Thursdays at 9:00am. The sixth session will be in-person with the facilitator of the course.
We will work through the book Prayer: How Praying Together Shapes the Church by John Onwuchekwa. Each session will involve in-depth discussion and practical application suggestions and learnings.
Structure of sessions:
- Welcome and prayer
- Feedback on actions committed to during the previous session
- Discussion of each chapter
- Reflection on what God might be saying to us, individually and corporately, on this topic
- An action we commit to before the next meeting
E-QUIP has highlighted the need to keep moving and encouraging in this space and supporting those that do have the positions to make changes
-2021 E-QUIP Prayer Participant
- To provide foundational training for those passionate about prayer in their local church setting.
- To create unity and connection with others across New Zealand also passionate about prayer.
- To provide practical ideas and solutions to mobilise prayer in churches.
- To pray for one another and our churches.
CCCNZ will provide the book and a reflective journal to assist you in your learning. There will also be a reading plan for the course.
Participants read a chapter or two, as per the reading plan, in preparation for each session.
As mentioned above, the group will meet via zoom, fortnightly, for an hour to discuss the chapter(s) of the book.
After the five zoom sessions, a sixth and final session will be held in person. This may be on an individual basis or in a group setting (depending where other participants are from). The aim of this session is to work together and look ahead at the “what next” in your local church setting.
Hearing the experience of others has been so encouraging
-2021 E-QUIP Prayer Participant
We will read Prayer, How Praying Together Shapes the Church by John Onwuchekwa and take place over 6 sessions. They will happen fortnightly and start from 18 & 19 May.
Session 1 – The problem with prayerlessness.
Session 2 – What is prayer and how do we pray.
Session 3 – Surrendered to Him and strengthened by Him. Explore various types of prayer.
Session 4 – Corporate Prayer.
Session 5 – Addressing the challenges.
Session 6 – In-person discussion: Let’s put this into practice!
1. Welcome and prayer
2. Feedback on actions committed to during the previous session
3. Discussion of each chapter
5. Reflection on what God might be saying to us, individually and corporately, on this topic
6. An action we commit to before the next meeting
Jackie is the Prayer Coordinator for CCCNZ. She has a passion for prayer and has been involved in various prayer ministries, in various church settings, for many years. In this role, Jackie encourages the prayer ministry among our movement by supporting prayer intercessors in their local church context, and working alongside people and churches who are keen to grow prayer ministries. Jackie and her husband Ken fellowship at Raleigh Street Christian Centre with their two daughters and foster children.