CHILDREN & FAMILY MINISTRIES ENABLER
Julie McKinnon is the Children and Family Ministries Enabler for CCCNZ. She is passionate about kids and growing their faith in Jesus. Recognising the key role parents play in this Julie is committed to encourage those relationships and to partner with and support local churches to see their Children and Family Ministries grow and flourish. Julie is married to Jason, they have four daughters and are based in Hamilton where they attend Hillcrest Chapel.
A fortnightly meeting with leaders to discuss a chapter of the book 'It Takes A Church To Raise A Parent: Creating a culture where parenting for faith can flourish' - by Rachel Turner. Each session will include prayer, an opportunity to feedback on actions committed to in the previous session, discussion of the week’s chapter, reflection on what God might be saying to us on this topic, an action we commit to trying before the next meeting.
CCCNZ will provide the book, a reflective journal to assist you in your learning, and a reading plan for the course.
Participants will read a chapter or two per the provided reading plan each fortnight.
The group will meet on Zoom fortnightly to discuss the chapter(s) of the book. We reflect individually and corporately about what God might be saying to us in our own context and in the movement as a whole.
Provide foundational training for leaders.
Create unity with leaders learning together.
Networking opportunities with leaders from around NZ meeting together regularly.
2. Prayer – seeking guidance from the Holy Spirit to grow us and teach us.
3. Feedback – providing feedback and accountability for the actions committed to at the previous session.
4. Discussion – everyone comes ready to discuss the chapters assigned per the reading plan
5. Reflection – A time to reflect together on what God might be saying to us individually and as a group/movement through this topic.
6. Action – a time to share and commit to an action we will take – to be followed up at the next session.
DATES & TOPICS
Date TBC - Starting the 3rd week in July (13th-17th)
Session 1 – Introduction
Session 2 – Vision
Session 3 – Skills
Session 4 – Introduction to Church Culture
Session 5 – Creating multigenerational community
Session 6 – Services and Children's Ministry
Session 7 – Youth Ministry and the Fringes