CATERING ROLE - SONSHINE RANCH CHRISTIAN CAMP
Sonshine Ranch is on the search for adults keen to learn the ropes of either becoming a head cook or cooks helper for our upcoming July holiday camps and camps going forward.
Each camp runs for 4 days/3 nights, and the total number of people at each meal is approx 70. This includes campers, leaders and staff.
If you have a child aged 10-15yrs they are welcome to join the camp and there is no charge for them.
Full training and support is available during 18-21st July during one of our camps. Please get in contact with us if this sounds like you, or you know someone who could fit the role.
Contact: Olivia Wachter and the Sonshine Ranch team - firstname.lastname@example.org
COOK (FULLTIME) - TOTARA SPRINGS
Need a kitchen job with more meaning?
Wanting to work in a supportive environment?
At Totara Springs Christian Centre (TSCC), we believe in practically demonstrating the love and compassion of Jesus through providing excellence in everything that we do. Our gifted and motivated team has the privilege of creating unforgettable memories for groups of people all year round.
You will contribute to the present and future culture of our amazing organisation and sharing God's love. This is an opportunity to join an organisation that lead and inspire the youth of tomorrow, a place where life-changing experiences happen every day.
Totara Springs is the largest centre of its kind in New Zealand and is the ultimate venue for church retreats, school camps, sports activities, business conferences, artistic events, holiday camps and family reunions. We are situated in a beautiful setting, nestled at the foot of the Kaimai mountain ranges in Matamata. There are 90 acres of park-like grounds and native bush with streams, walks and bush trails. We have a large indoor sports and activity centre and breakaway areas, as well as a large hot pool fed by natural springs. We have guests of all ages who travel from afar to enjoy our beautiful setting and outstanding hospitality.
About the role:
This is a full-time position as part of the catering team at Totara Springs.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Provide excellent food services to our guests
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of meals
- Provide assistance in completing the food control plan
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Prepare, cook and deliver meals and snacks
- Prepare and deliver meals for guests with special dietary requirements
- Ensure excellence in all aspects of meals and snacks
- Managing portion control and minimising waste
- Cleaning dishes, utensils and the kitchen area
- Comply with Health & Safety policy and standards
You value the delivery of high-quality food and customer services. You are not afraid to take initiative and roll up your sleeves to work through your task list.
You have the following attributes:
- Hard-working and efficient
- Dynamic and creative
- Team player
You fulfil the following requirements:
- Previous experience in kitchen and food preparation
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen with modern appliances
- Knowledge and experience in catering for large events
- Ability to provide training and transfer knowledge to others with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We know there is someone out there who loves people and is a superstar in the kitchen. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background checks required under the Children's Act as part of pre-employment screening. Our ideal candidate will share a commitment and enthusiasm towards the Christian faith.
Due to international travel restrictions, applicants must be currently living in New Zealand and be permitted to work in New Zealand.